Well happy Tuesday everyone! Hope your week is going well! I have a great “man pleasing” recipe to share with you today! This pepperoncini beef is fantastic and let me tell you, boys LOVE it! My family of all boys devour this recipe! I was first introduced to this delicious roast when my little Bridger was in the ICU with heart problems and my sweet friend Christa brought dinner to us. She brought this recipe along with home made macaroni and cheese and banana pudding too! Oh man–what a dinner! It was so good and we all loved it so much. Ever since we have enjoyed this recipe often. If you are worried about the spicy-ness you can cut down on the pepperoncinis –I usually use about 3/4 of the 16 oz bottle and it is not very spicy at all. I hope you like it as much as we do!
PS And just so you know, Bridger’s heart is completely better now–I just posted a final update here. What a blessing!
- 1 (3 pound) beef chuck roast
- 4 cloves garlic, sliced
- 1(12-16 ounce) jar pepperoncini (depending on how spicy you like it)
- 1- 1 1/2 cup beef broth
- Onion Flakes--shake or two
- Opt: Hoagie Buns, provolone cheese
- Make small cuts in roast, and insert garlic slices in cuts.
- Place roast in the slow cooker, and pour the entire contents of the jar of pepperoncini, including liquid, over meat.
- Add beef broth and onion flakes.
- Cover, and cook on Low for 6 to 8 hours
- Great served on Hoagie buns, lightly buttered, topped with beef and sliced provolone cheese.
- Broil for approx. 3 minutes. FANTASTIC!