Shrimp Scampi

by Erin on September 21, 2011

I love shrimp scampi.  It is one of my favorites.  I originally used a wordy, fancy recipe, but I soon condensed it into an easy, quick, but delicious version that I use exclusively now.  The ingredients and instructions are simple and to the point, and I can whip this up in a flash.  I hope you enjoy!

Shrimp Scampi – the easy way
submitted by Erin  ~  The Sisters Cafe

1/2 lb linguine
1 T. butter
4 cloves garlic
¾ lb shrimp
1 tsp Kosher salt
A few grinds of pepper
1 T. dried parsley flakes
½ lemon, zested
¼ c. lemon juice
1/8 tsp red pepper flakes
Parmesan cheese

Cook linguine, following instructions on the package.
Meanwhile, melt butter in large skillet and add the garlic.  Sauté for 1 minute, being careful not to burn it.  Add shrimp, salt, and pepper and sauté until the shrimp just turns pink, about 5 minutes, stirring often.  Remove from heat, add parsley, lemon zest, lemon juice and red pepper flakes.  Toss with the linguine and serve with parmesan cheese.

1 Erin September 22, 2011 at 11:31 am

Yum! Thanks for sharing. I just love Shrimp Scampi!

2 Mindy September 22, 2011 at 11:37 am

Oh, I love shrimp scampi! I love that your recipe has red pepper flakes. I am totally going to try this. Thanks, Er!

3 brittany September 22, 2011 at 11:38 am

yum sis – thnx! Sounds delish and not too fattening. Usually it’s so full of butter that I feel like I can’t make it for my family excpt for very special occasions! I like that this one looks pretty healthy!

4 Mindy September 22, 2011 at 11:41 am

PS Your scone looks delish, too. :)

5 Barb September 22, 2011 at 9:31 pm

Thanks for a great recipe…love shrimp scampi & thanks to you I will be able to make it at home! I agree w/Mindy…the scone looks so yummy, too!

6 shar September 23, 2011 at 2:37 pm

Maybe you can put that scone recipe up if you haven’t yet? If you have what are that called they look delicious! I’m also putting the scampi on my menu for next week! Thanks for the great recipes!

7 Erin September 30, 2011 at 1:44 pm

Hi Barb and Shar!
The scones are called Cherry Lemon Scones and they are a big favorite of mine! Here is the link: http://thesisterscafe.com/2010/01/cherry-lemon-scones-and-a-giveaway
Happy Baking!