Ham Cheese Ball

First, Happy Thanksgiving!!!  My birthday is today, too, so I think I have always had a special place in my heart for this holiday for that reason.  I love playing flag football (which my dad took very seriously growing up), being surrounded by my family, and overeating like crazy and not feeling one bit guilty about it.  I also love Thanksgiving because it kicks off the holiday season… which is usually packed with parties.  This cheeseball is my “What?  We’re supposed to bring an appetizer?!” go-to recipe.  It is simple, yummy and best of all… can be whipped together in minutes.  I try to keep a can of smoked ham in the pantry during party season for those crazy days when I need something fast.

Ham Cheese Ball
Submitted by Mindy ~ The Sisters Cafe

Printable Recipe Here

2 eight oz packages of cream cheese, softened
1 five oz can of smoked ham
1 1/2 cups medium or sharp cheddar cheese, finely grated
1 tsp lemon juice
Chopped pecans

In a large bowl, mix together cream cheese, smoked ham, cheddar cheese, and lemon juice.  (I use an electric mixer or my Bosch).  Form into one large ball or two smaller balls.  Roll in chopped pecans to coat surface.  Refrigerate for at least 2 hours or overnight.

Comments

1. Melanie Anne says

Happy happy Birthday Mindy lou!!! I wish I was there to help you celebrate! The boys and I are warming up our singing voices though, so be ready for our phone call:) We love you lots–oh and your cheese ball looks perfect!

2. Brittany says

Happy bday sis!! That cheeseball looks great. Can't wait to make it on my own (I've tried it at your house before and love it!!) Great go-to recipe like you were saying!

3. Cathy says

I think the cheeseball sounds fabulous. My only question is that I have never seen a can of smoked ham. Can you tell me who makes it or where you find it? My family loves cheeseballs!

4. Cherish says

Oh my goodness, how could I have forgotten it's almost the cheeseball time of year! I adore them! This recipe sounds yummy, but I agree with Cathy – I've never heard of a can of smoked ham.

5. Mindy says

Hi Cathy and Cherish,

I had never heard of canned ham until I started making this cheese ball. It comes in a can the shape of tuna, and it is found near the tuna in most grocery stores. The brand I have used is Hormel. Hope that helps!

Mindy

6. Mindy says

Julie,

I have to admit that when I have leftovers of this cheeseball, I do make a meal of it! I spread a thin layer on a bagel, and it is super good!

Mindy