Cinnamon Ice Cream

by Mindy on June 14, 2012

Hot summer days are here!  And what better time to try out a new ice cream recipe?  This Cinnamon Ice Cream is super easy and tastes awesome!  Creamy delicious and so unique.  We had it plain, and it was wonderful.  But I’ve thinking it would be scrumptious over baked apples or even a good old apple pie.  Can’t wait to try that one!  If any of you try it in the mean time, you’ll have to let me know!  Happy summer!

Cinnamon Ice Cream
Submitted by Mindy ~ The Sisters Cafe

2 cups whole milk
1/2 cup granulated sugar
1/2 cup pure maple syrup
2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
2 cups heavy cream
1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
1 teaspoon salt

Prepare an ice-water bath; set aside.

Combine the milk, sugar, maple syrup, and cinnamon in a medium saucepan over medium heat. Cook, stirring occasionally, until the sugar has dissolved, approximately 6 minutes. Add cream, vanilla, and salt; stir to combine. Pour mixture into a medium bowl set in the ice-water bath. Stir occasionally until cooled. Cover and transfer to refrigerator until chilled at least 1 hour and up to overnight.

Stir mixture briefly; pour into an ice-cream maker and process according to manufacturer’s instructions. Store ice cream in a covered container in the freezer, at least 1 hour and up to 1 week. Ice cream is best served within 3 days.

Recipe Source: Erin’s Food Files

1 Megan June 14, 2012 at 5:31 am

Cinnamon ice cream is my absolute favorite!!!! I worked in a local ice cream shop during college & discovered cinnamon ice cream topped with granola was a great combination.

2 Mindy June 19, 2012 at 1:58 pm

Megan,
As soon as I read your comment, I added “make granola” to my to do list. Sounds sooo good! Thanks for the tip.

3 camie June 14, 2012 at 7:29 am

This looks absolute fantastic!! When I was in college I went to a little place called Roundabouts and had them blend cinnamon into vanilla ice cream for me. This must be the recipe I’ve been looking for for YEARS!

4 Brittany June 14, 2012 at 9:53 pm

YUMMY!!! I can’t wait to try this! I wish I had cream and I’d make it right now! :)

5 Mel June 18, 2012 at 9:54 pm

Oh my heavens, that ice cream looks so delicious and unique! I’ve been looking for new recipes to make me want to bust out my ice cream maker this summer. Yum!

6 Megan July 4, 2012 at 6:05 pm

This ice cream is amazing! We had it today at our 4th of July BBQ and everyone loved it. We will be making this often. It is heavenly. Thanks for sharing.

7 Heather or Kitchen Concoctions July 9, 2012 at 9:19 pm

I am so dissapointed in myself that I haven’t made a batch of homemade ice cream yet this summer. : ( I think this Cinnamon Ice Cream should be the first version I make!