Lemon Grilled Chicken

by Mindy on September 22, 2011

This is the BEST marinade.  We’ve had it on the site forever under other recipes like Pesto Chicken Pizza with Pinenuts and Chicken Poppyseed Salad, but somehow it never made it on the site on its own.  And this marinade definitely deserves its own post.   Not only is it awesome as the main dish, it is perfect on “throw together” pizza, salads, paninis/sandwiches, and in pasta.  It is so so so good.  I’m at the point where I usually have grilled and sliced bags of lemon grilled chicken as well as raw chicken frozen in the marinade in my freezer at all times (especially during BBQ season).  If I can make a part of a dinner ahead of time, it makes the crazy dinner hour so much better.  Which translates into a happier batch of kids, tastier and healthier dinners, and a much better Mama!  So if you haven’t already, take advantage of the few remaining nights of the BBQ season and grilled up some Lemon Grilled Chicken!

Lemon Grilled Chicken
Submitted by Mindy ~ The Sisters Cafe

Juice of one lemon (~3 Tb lemon juice)
3 Tb oil
1 tsp minced garlic (~2 large cloves)
1 tsp salt
1/4 tsp pepper
1/2 tsp oregano
1 lb chicken breasts

Marinate the chicken overnight.  Grilling is best, but cooking in a skillet is still good, too.

1 Brittany September 22, 2011 at 5:58 pm

love this! I really like seeing it written out again because I have gotten into the bad habit of just throwing in the ingredients haphazardly! Not a reliable way of making a recipe! :) I love your idea of having pregrilled and sliced chicken in the freezer – I have got to do that!

2 Becki's Whole Life September 22, 2011 at 6:46 pm

Great marinade recipe. I am always looking for good marinades with ingredients I typically have on hand – thanks for sharing this!

3 Barb September 22, 2011 at 9:41 pm

Have made this several times & love it (from mel’s kitchen cafe which gave sister’s cafe credit. I love both sites!) Hey everyone, you should try this one! Light and delicious. YUM YUM YUM!

4 Heather Bell September 30, 2011 at 1:43 pm

This looks amazing!! I have to learn how to bbq.=) bellesbazaar-heather.blogspot.com

5 Connie October 3, 2011 at 12:17 pm

With the help of “The Sister’s” I made a Home Run (GO Cardinals) when I made the Spinach Salad with Teriyaki Bow ties!!! My family loved it!!!

6 Jan June 17, 2013 at 9:28 pm

This is my favorite grilled chicken recipe (by far)! I made it tonight for a party and, as always, had requests for the recipe. I always made extra so I can use it in a salad. I also love the pesto pizza recipe you have posted that calls for this grilled chicken.