Frozen Strawberry Lemonade

by Melanie on August 8, 2011

Have I mentioned that the HOT HUMID Southern Summers  are a trial for me?  Well, they are!  Man, just walking outside to get the mail, leaves you hot and sweaty and in need of refreshment:)  One afternoon I was at the grocery store and saw this all natural ‘Simply Lemonade’ on sale and I thought of those yummy frozen lemonades that are sold at fairs and amusement parks in the summer.  I thought it would be fun to recreate that sweet treat at home.  Let me tell you …..it was SUPER good!  My family LOVED this homemade slushy!  It was the perfect refreshment on a hot summer evening.  Now this is not an exact recipe, you could even change the fruit.  I think raspberries or peaches would be fantastic.  If you use fresh fruit, simply add ice to reach the desired consistency.  Enjoy!

I am back to posting my weekly menus here.

Frozen Strawberry Lemonade
submitted by Melanie~ The Sisters Cafe

Frozen or fresh strawberries
Lemonade
ice (if using fresh fruit)
sugar, if desired

Fill your blender up with  the desired amount of frozen strawberries.  I had frozen strawberries up to the 4 cup line.  Pour in lemonade–I used about 3-4 cups.  Blend.  Taste.  Depending on the sweetness of your berries, you may need to add a little sugar.  Start with a little and  check it again, adding until you love it:)  My strawberries were sweet enough and I did not add any sugar.

If you choose to use fresh fruit, add ice a cup at a time,  to create the same slushy result.

1 brittany August 8, 2011 at 9:12 am

Yummo!!

2 Heather at Kitchen Concoctions August 8, 2011 at 10:36 am

I love how simple and refreshing this is! I love all of the Simply Lemonade products.

P.S. It’s so crazy that you posted this today because I am having a lemonade ‘themed week’ over on my blog this week!

3 Mindy August 8, 2011 at 2:33 pm

Oh that looks awesome! I am totally in need of a strawberry lemonade slushy right now. I just finished working in the yard in the middle of the afternoon. It may not be humid, but it is still roasty toasty out in Utah!

4 [email protected] that's some good cookin' August 8, 2011 at 7:56 pm

Oh WOW! This looks so refreshing. I think I’m going to go make one of these right now.

5 Kjersti Helberg August 8, 2011 at 9:59 pm

This looks so delicious! We were just at a rodeo that had soft frozen lemonade…but this sounds so much better, especially with Simply Lemonade it couldn’t get any better :)

6 Sarah August 9, 2011 at 6:06 am

Yum! Have you tried the same brand’s Raspberry Lemonade? It is SOO good!