Wonderful Fruit Pizza

My friend Heather made these for a baby shower for another friend of ours. I couldn’t stop eating them! I love fruit pizza and this version is great!   “I need this recipe.” I told her. She just smiled and said, “I know. They’re my favorite.” Something about the buttery crust, cream cheese frosting, and fruit just makes these hard to stop eating! I love that you can add basically whatever fruit you have in the fridgetoo. Strawberries and kiwi are definitely my favorites but the possibilities are endless!

Wonderful Fruit Pizza

Submitted by Amy ~ The Sisters Cafe

Crust:
1 c. sugar
1 stick butter
2 eggs
2 c. flour
1/2 t. salt
1/2 t. baking powder
1/2 t. baking soda

Frosting:
11 oz. cream cheese, softened
1 c. sugar
1 t. vanilla

Sliced fruit for topping-strawberries, kiwi, banana, mandarin oranges, peaches, berries, etc.

Cream sugar, butter and eggs together. In a separate bowl, mix together flour, salt, baking powder, and baking soda. Slowly add to sugar/butter mixture and mix to form soft dough. Spread on a greased jelly roll pan. (I just used a regular cookie sheet, and worked the dough with my floured hands to evenly spread dough-worked great) Bake at 375 degrees for 10-15 minutes. Set aside and cool.

Mix together icing ingredients and spread on cooled crust. Refrigerate until ready to serve. Just before serving, cut into bars. Place desired cut fruit on each square and serve!

Comments

1. Mindy says

I love fruit pizza, and this recipe looks wonderful!!! I totally know what you mean about those desserts you just can’t quit eating. I’m excited to try this one.

2. Amy says

Hi Carmin-nope regular sugar. Just make sure the cream cheese is soft and mix the ingredients well and the frosting should be ready to go!

3. Amy says

Hey Anna-this recipe make one cookie sheet of bars. How many you get depends on how small you cut the bars. I get around 2 dozen good-sized bars I believe. Good luck!

4. Erin says

Amy, I made this for the Young Women at a party we had this past weekend, and it was delish. It was a big hit. Thanks so much for the yummy recipe!

5. Barb says

Thanks for a great recipe! I was just looking for a recipe that didn’t use the frozen sugar cookie dough. This will be great for my daughter’s birthday pizza party dessert! Love your site Sisters!