Amazing Chili’s Fajitas

Apparently we enjoy Mexican food over here at The Sisters Cafe! I don’t even know how many recipes we have for fajitas, enchiladas, quesadillas, etc. But they are all wonderful in their own little way. And this recipe is no exception. There are no words to describe how delicious these fajitas are!! I hope nobody has posted these already but if so, let this serve as a reminder to bookmark:) These are amazing, mouth-watering, and are by far my favorite fajitas! Who knows if this is the “actual Chili’s recipe, but who cares?!…these are phenomenal either way. I’m not 100% sure where this recipe originated but I got it from our Melanie. Thank you, thank you, thank you. I also used some tips from Melanie, with MelsKitchenCafe, who I noticed also posted these on her blog. I loved all the veggies she adds to finish off the recipe. In fact, I was hoping to get a new picture including all the peppers, mushrooms, etc. because it is so delicious that way but didn’t get around to it in time. And next time I will use those amazing uncooked tortillas from Costco. Mmmm….I will continue to make these for many, many years, they truly are that good!

Amazing Chili’s Fajitas

1 t. salt
1/2 t. chili powder
1/2 t. cayenne pepper
1/4 t. ground black pepper
Dash of onion powder
1 pound top sirloin or chicken

Mix all ingredients. Place with chicken in a ziplock back and marinade overnight.

FAJITAS:
1 T. olive oil
1 yellow onion, thinly sliced
1 green pepper, thinly sliced
1 red or orange pepper, thinly slices
8 oz sliced mushrooms
1 t. soy sauce
2 T. water
1/2 t. fresh lime juice
dash of salt and pepper

Remove chicken from marinade and grill. In large skillet, heat 1 T. olive oil over medium heat. Add onion, peppers, and mushroom and cook until tender but crisp. Add soy sauce, water, fresh lime juice, and salt and pepper. Cook another 2-3 minutes, stirring frequently. Thinly slice chicken and toss with vegetables. Serve immediately with flour tortillas (Costco uncooked tortillas are the best and absolutely delicious!) Top with tomatoes, avocado, cheese, sour cream, salsa, lettuce or anything else you love!

Comments

1. Eliana says

I can't get enough Mexican either. These fajitas look like they would live up to their name – amazing!!!

2. simplysandi says

Love chicken fajitas! I have always just "made" them without a recipe, but I can't wait to try this one.

3. Amy says

Dear anonymous,

I find my liquid smoke in the condiment section of my local grocery store, near the bbq sauce, ketchup, etc. At my store it comes in small glass bottles. And it's pretty cheap so don't skip out on this ingredient, it really adds a lot!

4. Brittany says

ok that does it – I need to try this recipe! I have it from Mel too but I've never made it because it seemed intimidating for some reason… but I will definitely try it after hearing your rave review!! :) They look and sound delicious!

5. Mindy says

forever. I have made this recipe with thinly cut elk steak, too, and it was super yummy. I love the addition of the mushrooms. I am going to try it that way soon.

6. Memória says

These fajitas look SCRUMPTIOUS!! I want some right now. I've never tried the fajitas from Chilis, though. I bet these taste better.

7. Weight Loss Tips says

Fajitas are a favorite dinner at my house and always on the hunt for new ways to change them, thanks for a new recipe to add to my growing favorites.

8. vincent says

Hello,

We bumped into your blog and we really liked it – great recipes YUM YUM.
    We would like to add it to the Petitchef.com.

enjoy your recipes.

and benefit from their exposure on Petitchef.com.

To add your site to the Petitchef family you can use http://en.petitchef.com/?obj=front&action=site_ajout_form or just go to Petitchef.com and click on "Add your site"

Best regards,

Vincent
    petitchef.com

9. Breanna says

Made these for dinner tonight! Marinated the chicken for 2 days and these are the best fajitas I've ever had! Can't wait to make them again!

10. Lisa says

Can't wait to try these! BTW, I've noticed you all aren't posting as often. Is this just a summer thing, or will you only be posting once a week now? Thanks for the recipes!

11. Brooke says

These were the best fajitas ever! Seriously my husband was raving the whole time. Thanks so much for the recipe! Your blog is the my favorite recipe blog. Thanks!

12. Amy says

Hi Lisa,

Yes, it has been a little slower around our blog…but definitely not around our homes. Our mother is a school principal and only gets July off of work. We have jam packed almost every day with exciting events and vacations. It's been very fun but things should start slowing down here, which means picking up on the blog:)

13. Lisa says

Amy, I SOOO understand, I was just curious! Love your recipes and I also understand that keeping up a blog is time consuming and a lot of work!

14. Jamie says

I made these and they were So yummy! However the chicken turned out a little dry so i think i wont cook them as long next time. Even so they were so good! I will make these again!

15. Brooke says

I loved these, they really did taste so much like Chili’s. To keep the chicken more moist, I just kept adding a little olive oil until it was all mixed together and warm. Turned out SO great…thanks!