Great White Punch

Here’s another cool treat for a hot, summer’s day! I love this limeade punch, I have made it for a lot of summer parties, barbeque’s, and camp outs. It is very refreshing! I most recently made it as a special treat for my poor husband who broke his leg last week playing basketball at the church. Wow, church basketball can be brutal! In fact, Matt is in surgery right now and I’m hanging out in the waiting room. It’s been a sad way to start the summer, but we are grateful for modern medicine and that he should be new man in just 6 weeks. But anyway, we needed to get out of the house the other day so we took this slush up the canyon (one of his favorite spots) still frozen, got him situated with lots of pillows on a banana chair, finished the slush, and slowly sipped away. Unfortunately, I forgot my fresh lime slices to garnish , but it still tasted great. Thank you Grandma Rice for this fun treat!

Great White Punch

Submitted by Amy ~ The Sisters Cafe
Printable Recipe

1 6oz can frozen limeade
11 cups water
3 cups sugar
2 quarts lemon lime pop or 7-up
fresh lime slices

Mix limeade, water and sugar until dissolved. Freeze, stirring often. 2 hours before serving, thaw mixture in punch bowl. 1 hour before serving, add lemon lime pop or 7-up. Garnish with fresh lime slices.

Comments

1. Melissa says

Sooooooo glad you finally posted this! I love this sooooo much and I'm not a soda drinker. So light and refreshing. Thanks Amy.

2. Memória says

First, I hope your husband has a quick recovery. I'm sure he's happy to have you by his side, especially with drinks like this! It looks amazing.

3. Melanie Anne says

MMMM this looks so good!! I love this punch of Grandmas. It is so perfect for summer! Great post Amy!

4. Mandy says

This looks so great right now as it is so hot outside! I have an award for your great blog so swing here and pick it up:

5. Mindy says

This sounds so good right now! I am sad we missed that day in the canyon with you. I really need to get more organized so we can enjoy more summer fun.

6. Amy says

We just made this for the 4th of July. The whole family loved it. I made it especially for my dad because he loves anything with lime. He loves the limeades at Sonic but rarely gets them because he lives in Wyoming and they don't have Sonic there. He thought it was much better than the Sonic limeade. So thank you for posting this recipe

7. Rochelle says

Can you tell me about how many 6oz. servings you think this would make? I am doing a black & white music reception for my daughter and I think this punch would be awesome! I need an approximate serving guess if you could give me one.
    Thanks!