Cashew Chicken

This is a quick and easy recipe that is always a hit with my family. I love the subtle tang of lemon in it but the cashews are what really makes the dish wonderful! Simple and good this dish is a winner! This recipe comes from my Mom’s friend Bethann.
Cashew Chicken
1 tsp Worcestershire sauce
3 Tb oil
2 c. hot chicken broth
2 tsp lemon juice
½ c. cashews
cooked rice

Combine sugar, 2 Tb cornstarch, salt, soy sauce, vinegar, and Worcestershire sauce. Dredge chicken pieces in this mixture. Drain and save dredge; then stir fry chicken in hot oil in frying pan or wok until chicken is lightly brown and tender, about 10 minutes. Remove chicken from oil and drain excess oil from the pan. Add remaining cornstarch and the dredge drained from the chicken. Blend well, then add chicken stock to the pan and bring to a boil, stirring constantly. Cook until thickened. Add lemon juice; add chicken pieces and reheat. Do not boil. Taste to correct seasonings. Add cashews. Serve over hot rice. Makes 4-5 servings. You can stir fry some vegetables and add them to the mixture at the end.

Comments

1. Tami says

I tried this tonight and my family loved it. Another recipe I use is too sweet. This is perfect and I'll make it again. Thanks.

PS Erin is married to my husband's cousin.

2. Brittany says

Sounds great! I have some cashews I wanted to use in a recipe… now I know what to make! thanks mel!

3. Sharon says

Awe love cashew chicken when we eat out never made it at home! Great recipe, and I just so happen to have some cashews on hand!

4. Mindy says

Yum! Made this for dinner last night and had leftovers for lunch today, too. I loved that it was a quick, yummy dinner.

5. Anonymous says

I made this last night but was a little disappointed. It was quick and it was easy but the sauce tasted like chicken stock more than anything else even after trying to dr it up. I did follow the recipe exactly and even re-checked after just to make sure I hadn't missed anything. I guess it's just us. We ate it but it just didn't have the flavors we were looking for. I have enjoyed all other recipes from your site so keep up the good work!

6. melissa gargalis says

I just made this tonight and really liked it. I love your ladies' blog. I have made one or two other things and they have been good. I keep adding to my list of recipes to try when I see new stuff. Can't wait for christmas to try the almond roca toffee, I have been looking for a good recipe for that. Thank you for all the new recipes!

7. kamagra says

Excellent thanks, this kind of recipe also can work if want red souce or white souce or just mayones, will taste great.