Grandma’s Honey Butter

I debated about posting this honey butter recipe. Well, it is just honey butter and only has four ingredients. But this blog is all about favorites and this is hands down my favorite honey butter that I have ever tasted. I love it. Give me some warm, homemade rolls and I can’t get enough of it. It is devoured at every family reunion and brings back such sweet memories for me of my Grandma. This recipe was handed down to me by my Grandma Holman who lives in Rexburg, Idaho. I can’t remember even one visit without the comfort of this sweet treat. So whip up some of this tasty honey butter next time you make rolls and imagine the warm wind blowing your hair with each bite, as you peacefully rock on Grandma’s wooden swing.

Grandma’s Honey Butter

Submitted by Amy ~ The Sisters Cafe
Printable Recipe

2 cups honey (Grandma says older is better, but come to think of it I’ve never asked her why!)
2 sticks butter (softened, not melted)
1 t. vanilla
1 t. cinnamon

Combine ingredients until completely mixed and serve!

Comments

1. A Year on the Grill says

this came up with your grandma's white bread… what a combination this would be toast and the butter (and the vanilla is the secret)

2. Mindy says

I LOVE honeybutter. Just what I need is another tempation… but I am making this tomorrow for sure. Cute post, too, sis.

3. Melissa says

Love this honey butter! This one is unique from most I've tried, because of its' runny consistency. You almost have to spoon it on, but oh so different and oh so good. Thanks for posting Amy, I really need to go make some for my kids for dinner. They'll love it!

4. Melanie Anne says

Yum! I love honey butter and I love that this one has cinnamon and vanilla. I can't wait to try it! Thanks for sharing one of your childhood memories with us!!

5. Brittany says

This looks great! I love honey butter and have been on a quest to find a perfect recipe. I'm so glad you posted this! can't wait to try it!

6. brown says

I tried your grandma's recipe yesterday and my family wanted more. The honey butter recipe is very flavorful! Right now I'm trying to buy clover honey that comes with a charming bear honey bottle. I need to stock a number of jars of honey in the storage for future use. Later, I'll be using your recipe again for dinner together with the chicken fingers that my family adores. Thanks to your grandma's recipe, my family is having a fabulous time over dinner.