Johnn Sterzer’s Fabulous Baked Beans

My dad does not possess a large repertoire of cooking skills, but there were a few things that he has mastered… and one of these is baked beans!  My dad used to make these for camp outs, barbecues, picnics, and occasionally just because.  And every time he did?  No leftovers.  He made them for us a few weeks ago when we came over to watch a BYU basketball game with him.  He hadn’t made them for awhile, and I was reminded of just how good his recipe is.  I snapped this picture before I dug in, because I knew this was a recipe that must be shared.  So thanks for being our guest cook today, Dad.  Your girls love you!

Johnn Sterzer’s Fabulous Baked Beans
Submitted by Mindy ~ The Sisters Cafe

Printable Recipe

2 small cans of Pork n’ Beans
8oz bacon, chopped and fried
1 green pepper, chopped
1 onion, chopped
1 stalk of celery, chopped
3 tsp. Worcestershire sauce
1/2 c. brown sugar
1/2 c. ketchup
1/2 tsp. dry mustard

Chop and fry bacon.  Then saute pepper, onion, and celery in bacon grease until tender.  Discard remaining bacon grease.  Add all ingredients into a large pot and bake at 375 degrees for one hour.

Comments

1. Coleen's Recipes says

Sounds like a great recipe. Thank you for sharing it with us. The old tried and true recipes are the BEST.

2. Brittany says

I LOVE this recipe!! It was always so fun when Dad would make these for camping trips and bbq's! Thanks for posting it – what a good idea!

3. Pam says

I love this recipe! I can see why there are no leftovers! It looks delicious! I posted about baked beans yesterday ~ nothing like them! Thanks for sharing yours!

4. Erin says

I made these for a backyard campout we are having tonight and I thought, “I should post these!” I checked here to see if one of my sisters already had (because I couldn’t remember), and here it is! :) This is the BEST baked bean recipe ever!!

5. Mandy says

I have a dumb question. I really have NO idea how my big pot would do in the oven. It has the rubber covered handles and is a non stick pot. What do you think?