Sweet Cherry Cheese Ball

by Melanie on December 28, 2009

This is a unique and very tastey cheese ball! I am usually not a big fan of maraschino cherries, but I love them in this! It is so fun, yummy and very addicting! I got this recipe from my dear friend Starlie, who is a fabulous cook. This would be great for your New Years Eve celebrations. It is always a hit at holiday parties! I like to serve this with apples and crackers.

Sweet Cherry Cheese Ball
submitted by Melanie
1 package (8 oz) cream cheese, softened
1/4 cup powdered sugar
1/3 cup sweetened shredded coconut
8 maraschino cherries, chopped
3/4 cup chopped pecans
In a medium bowl combine cream cheese, and powdered sugar. Blend well. Stir in chopped cherries and coconut. Shape into a ball and roll in chopped pecans to coat. Place on a tray and serve with fruit. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
This makes a big cheese ball or two small ones. I like to put the apple slices in pinapple juice to keep them fresh looking.
Enjoy:) and Happy New Year!

1 A Year on the Grill December 28, 2009 at 5:27 am

it wouldn't take much more than a tablespoon, but just a bit of rum maes this perfect for New year's Eve

2 Katy ~ December 28, 2009 at 8:29 am

Yummm…this does sound like a nice change. I'm going to save it for future reference, grins. I think AYOTG's suggestion of rum sounds interesting as well.

3 Julie December 28, 2009 at 9:07 am

I love a good cheeseball and this sounds super!

4 City Girl Country Heart December 28, 2009 at 9:53 am

O yum! I need something to take to a New Years party and this looks like it could be it! Thanks !!
Stephanie

5 Valerie December 28, 2009 at 1:09 pm

This sounds so amazing! I don't know when I'll get to try it since my children don't eat nuts or coconut, but I'll have to make it for guests one of these days soon!

6 Griffin Christensen December 28, 2009 at 4:22 pm

Mmmm… I think I will make this for my New Year's Eve party!

7 Kim December 29, 2009 at 10:00 am

I have made this over the past few years and Yummy. it is a hit at all the parties!!

8 Chris December 29, 2009 at 10:40 am

Oh my Lord, I'll be making this. sounds so good. Thanks

Happy New Year,
Chris

9 Brittany December 29, 2009 at 2:54 pm

Mel what a great cheese ball – YUM!!!

10 MaRiN December 31, 2009 at 7:37 am

Wow, never had a cherry cheeseball before! Sounds sweet and delicious, may be I'll make it tonight!

11 Melissa January 1, 2010 at 7:29 pm

Thank you, Thank you for posting this wonderful cheese ball! We made it for our New Year's party and WOW! It was a hit! Bart says it should have a danger sign posted in front of it. He was addicted and kept complaining that he couldn't keep his hands out of it:)! We had guests again this afternoon and served it with the same reaction. Everyone loved it! Funny thing is…I'm not a huge maraschino cherry fan either, but this is terrific.

12 Mindy February 8, 2010 at 11:49 am

Yum! I made this for our super bowl party. It is so good, Mel!

13 Kyle and Alli December 6, 2010 at 4:11 pm

We made this for a dinner tonight and served it with pears and apples. YUM! I don't even like maraschino cherries but this was addicting! Thanks for the great recipe!

14 Chelle February 24, 2012 at 11:48 pm

Would this still taste okay without the coconut? And what are your favorite types of crackers to use in addition to the apple slices?