Rumbi Island Easy Mango Chicken and Rice

This is one of those quick and easy dinners you just throw in the crockpot–and WA LA you have a tasty dinner! I got the recipe from my friend Tina at one of our monthly recipe exchanges. It reminds me of Rumbi Island Grill. Have you ever been there? It is a yummy little restaurant chain we enjoy. Anyway, I serve this over coconut rice. I just make jasmine rice with all or part of the cooking liquid coconut milk. I get my mango salsa at Costco. It really adds a lot to the dish!

Rumbi Island Easy Mango Chicken and Ricesubmitted by Melanie4-5 chicken breasts (boneless and skinless)1 can corn, drained

1 can black beans, drained and rinsed

3 cups mango salsa

Cumin to taste

Lemon Pepper to taste

Put chicken breasts in crock pot. Add spices. Cover and cook chicken until tender. Shred chicken on a plate and return to crock pot. Save juices in separate bowl.

Add corn, beans and salsa. More salsa can be added to taste. If mixture seems dry, add some of reserved juices.

Serve over coconut jasmine rice for that Rumbi Island Grill taste. Garnish with cilantro or parsely, if desired.

*You could use regular salsa for a Mexican taste and serve over regular rice or tortilla chips.

Comments

1. kamailesfood says

This sounds so yummy! It’s definitely going on the menu soon. It sounds pretty similar to the Southwestern Crock Pot Chicken I’ve tried from your blog. And that is a fantastic recipe. Everyone that I’ve made it for has loved it.

2. Sherylen says

Do you have the recipie for the Jasmine Coconut Rice? I looked on your blog for it, but was unable to find it. I am so excited to try this recipie!

3. Smith Family says

Sherylen – If you read the opening paragraph (before the recipe), she talks about how to do the coconut rice.
    I made this recipe (with the coconut rice) last night and loved it! It was unbelievably easy. I really think the coconut rice makes the dish. I’ll make this over and over again.
    I haven’t tried one of your recipes yet that I haven’t liked. Thanks so much for helping a girl out!

4. Genene says

I was wondering if you can add the beans, corn and salsa into the crockpot while the chicken is cooking or if it only added afterwards?

5. The Smiths says

This is SO good! I love the coconut rice with it. It adds a great flavor to the overall dish! Thanks for sharing this super yummy and easy recipe.

6. Tammy says

This is delicious!! I love the coconut rice. I'm going to try using the leftover rice for "hot rice cereal". I grew up on it and I think it will be delicious with the coconut milk!