Green Curry Chicken

by Brittany on March 11, 2009

I love curry… all kinds! If you do too, you’re going to love this recipe. However, the curry flavor is subtle (although it does give a little kick) – it’s more about the coconut. My hubby loves this dish… and loves that it makes a big pot so there are lots of leftovers! This is actually Mel’s recipe and I was shocked to notice she hadn’t posted it yet… I had to remedy that! If you have never used green curry paste, don’t be intimidated. It is in every grocery store in the Asian food section – same place you would buy the coconut milk. This recipe is pretty loose on instructions – you’ll know what I mean. Just go with your instincts and what sounds yummy to you – more or less veggies vs. chicken, etc. It will be delicious, I promise!!Green Curry Chicken

submitted by Brittany
1 lb chicken breasts
crushed garlic
olive oil
4 carrots, chopped
3 celery stalks, chopped on a diagonal
1 medium onion, chopped
1 can coconut milk
1 Tb green curry paste
3 Tb sugar
fresh cilantro, chopped
lime wedges
Cut up chicken and fry in garlic and olive oil. Set aside. Stir fry carrots, celery and onion in garlic and olive oil – about 5 minutes or until onions are mostly cooked. (Don’t over cook – you want the carrots slightly crispy) Mix together with chicken in a big pot and pour the coconut milk over. Stir in the green curry paste and sugar. When it comes to a boil thicken with a little cornstarch. If you want more sauce, add some chicken broth to the consistency you desire. *be warned…do not add too much broth or it will dilute the coconut flavor too much.* Serve over warm jasmine rice and top with fresh chopped cilantro and lime wedges.

1 Erin March 12, 2009 at 6:17 am

This looks yummy! I know I will forget to pick up jasmine rice since it’s not listed in the ingredients. I will have to pencil it in when I print this off! I can’t wait to make this!

2 Mindy March 12, 2009 at 10:38 am

THat looks so good! I have been craving curry. I’ll have to make this one.

3 Melanie Anne March 12, 2009 at 1:04 pm

This recipe is my neighbor Karen. She is a great cook. I love this recipe too!! Yum!!

4 Melanie March 12, 2009 at 3:43 pm

Yum, Brittany, that looks so good. I love curry and can’t wait to try it.

5 TrumanTribe March 18, 2009 at 8:13 am

I made this last night! Yum! I especially enjoyed it with a little lime juice squeezed on it! This is a keeper :D
Thank you sister’s cafe! I’ve enjoyed your blog and the great recipes you gather :D

6 Ali March 25, 2009 at 11:50 am

I made this last night and I LOVED it! I actually doubled the recipe because I was taking dinner to my friends family too. I made WAY too much! I had to invite more people for dinner.

I also added some green pepper and a little extra green curry. I really liked it, but I do think it needed a little extra flavor. Like some salt. I know a lot of recipes call for fish sauce, which I didn’t have. That might have added a little more flavor. But I did like the ease of this recipe!

Thanks so much!

7 Jamie April 23, 2009 at 8:51 pm

I just tried this recipe tonight and absolutely LOVED it! My husband raved about it as well, which is something to be said. I made the Naan bread with it and that too was delicious! Thank you so much for all of the great recipes, I have loved so many of them!