Garlic Chicken with Bow Tie Pasta

by Brittany on December 2, 2008

I know I haven’t been posting at all lately…sorry! Erin has been here in Utah for the holidays and with all the sisters together, we have been having too much fun! Also, every new recipe I’ve tried recently has just been mediocre – and we all swore we would never post anything mediocre…only the best! Well, here is one of my tried and true favorites – I originally got it from Melanie and it is absolutely delicious. Hope you enjoy!Garlic Chicken with Bow Tie Pasta

submitted by Brittany
1 Tb olive oil
1 lb boneless/skinless chicken breast, sliced crosswise
1 tsp salt
1 Tb olive oil
6-8 cloves garlic, crushed (1 rounded Tb)
1/2 lb mushrooms, quartered
1/2 c green onions, sliced
3/4 c red or orange sweet peppers
1 14.5 oz can diced tomatoes (undrained)
1/2 c chicken broth
1/2 tsp crushed red pepper
1/2 tsp cornstarch
1/2 tsp salt
2 cups dry bow tie pasta – cook as directed
1/4 c fresh cilantro, chopped (may use fresh parsley)
parmesan cheese, grated
1. Fry chicken in oil over medium heat until done. Sprinkle with salt and remove from skillet. Keep warm.
2.Cook garlic in oil until golden. Add mushrooms, green onions and peppers – cook 2 minutes. Add tomatoes, broth, red pepper, cornstarch and salt. Heat to boiling then reduce heat and simmer 5 minutes. Remove from heat.
3. Combine chicken, hot mixture, pasta and cilantro. Sprinkle with fresh parmesan to your liking and enjoy!
*Use less crushed red pepper to make it mild. Also, I add the peppers when I have them on hand – zucchini and squash are delicious too. You can omit the chicken as well for a healthy, vegetarian dish.

1 Maria December 2, 2008 at 4:24 pm

Bow ties are my favorite! I love pasta dishes!

2 Colleen December 2, 2008 at 5:20 pm

YUM! You can’t get much better than this! Great flavors!

3 Melanie December 2, 2008 at 8:51 pm

Erin gave me this recipe years ago and I agree, it is fantastic. Thanks for posting about it, Brittany, because I needed a reminder to make it soon!

4 giz December 3, 2008 at 5:28 pm

The total ultimate of comfort food. I would even make this with bone in chicken as long as there’s lots of bow ties.

5 Sarah Young December 3, 2008 at 8:40 pm

Holy cow! I just found your blog through my friend’s and can I just say, I AM SALIVATING!!! Everything looks so good! I will definitly be checking back often! I feel like I hit the jackpot!

P.S. I have three young daughters of my own. If someday they wanted to follow in the Sister’s Cafe footsteps and have a passion for cooking, I would be one happy momma!

6 Amy December 3, 2008 at 9:30 pm

This is one of my all-time favorite recipes. I love it! It’s delicious!

7 Tami December 4, 2008 at 2:53 pm

Love this recipe!!
New to your blog and what a fun site! I’ve added your to my reader!

8 Smith Family February 18, 2009 at 8:15 pm

I just made this last night – wow! I used zucchini instead of peppers and omitted the red pepper flakes. My entire family loved it. We’ll definitely be making this on a regular basis. Thanks for such a great, easy recipe!

9 Amber October 6, 2009 at 2:25 am

I made this tonight and OH MY!!! It is soo good! I will definitely be making this again and again!! So good!! Thanks!

10 Kristine October 26, 2009 at 5:28 pm

I made this for dinner last night. My husband loved it, we were fighting over the last bite. Guess I should have doubled it.

11 Jan S January 26, 2010 at 5:03 am

We had this tonight for supper and LOVED IT! Great recipe – thanks.

12 Mindy January 26, 2010 at 5:28 am

Mmmm… I finally made this, and it was SO good. I wanted to make sure I had enough for 4 people. So I did the whole package of farfalle, double the sweet red pepper, and 3 chicken breasts (instead of two). Oh, and I didn't quite have enough green onions… so I just added some dried minced onions. I sprinkled the pasta with powdered parmesan before I tossed it, then loaded the top with fresh grated parmesan. I served it with balsamic vinegar to dip our bread in. Such a yummy dinner! We all loved it!

13 Becky May 27, 2010 at 11:14 pm

Oooo, I used fresh asparagus with orange peppers, it was so yummy! Thank you so much! This website has sparked my excitement to cook again. It was getting old and stale really fast, but now I can't wait to plan my menu for the week!