Cranberry Spice Tea

by Brittany on December 16, 2008

This is a wonderfully delicious hot drink for the holidays… a fun alternative to hot chocolate. It’s tart and sweet at the same time – I love it! I got this recipe from my mother-in-law who is a fabulous cook! (The red hots are those little cinnamon candies popular at Valentines…you can usually buy them in the bulk candy section.)

Cranberry Spice Tea
submitted by Brittany
1 quart water
3/4 cup sugar
1 stick cinnamon
12 whole cloves
1/4 cup red hot candies
1 quart cranberry juice
1 (12 oz) can frozen orange juice concentrate
1/2 (12 oz) can frozen lemonade concentrate
more water if needed
Boil first 5 ingredients for 7 minutes then add cranberry juice, OJ and lemonade concentrate. Heat through and serve hot. Add 1 more quart of water if too strong.

1 Marisa December 18, 2008 at 11:00 am

That sounds so yummy and festive!

2 Melanie Anne December 18, 2008 at 11:21 am

Mmm–this sound amazing! I have been waiting for you to post this. I am excited to try it!

3 Mindy January 2, 2009 at 7:38 pm

Mmm… sounds yummy, sis. I’ll have to try it!

4 Erin January 8, 2009 at 8:40 pm

We made this Christmas Eve dinner and it was SO GOOD. This is my new Christmas tradition. :) It’s like a cranberry wassail. I loved it. Thanks sis!

5 Lara December 4, 2009 at 6:26 am

Looks like a perfect holiday treat! Yum!

6 Sandee December 17, 2012 at 8:45 am

I’ve gotten a TON of lemons and oranges from friends with trees. Do you have a conversion for fresh juice instead of concentrate? I need to use these fruits up!!

7 Brittany December 18, 2012 at 9:55 pm

Oh Sandee I am so jealous – I would LOVE to have fresh lemons and oranges. We used to have an orange tree while growing up in AZ and nothing compares to fresh orange juice. Mmmmm! Anyway, no I don’t have a conversion off the top of my head. But I bet if you made a lemonade/orange juice and omitted the water it would be fantastic!! You would probably just have to play around with how much sugar, etc. Good luck and let me know if you try it! Merry Christmas! :)

8 Brittany December 18, 2012 at 10:04 pm

I meant I would juice the oranges and lemons and make a quart or so of orange/lemonade – and then proceed with recipe, but without the water. you can always add water if you think it’s too strong. Does that make sense? :)