Peanut Butter Pancakes

by Melanie on August 8, 2008

I read an article about Anne Romney awhile back (when Mitt was in the running for the presidential nomination) and how her 5 boys LOVED her peanut butter pancakes. I found the idea of peanut butter pancakes intriguing. So one morning, I decided to find a recipe and make a batch for my 5 boys! They were really yummy! I think my boys prefer my regular recipe, but it was still fun to try something different. If you are a peanut butter fan, you will love these fluffy delicious pancakes! Yum!
PEANUT BUTTER PANCAKES
submitted by Melanie
1 1/4 cup flour
2 Tablespoons sugar
2 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
1 1/4 cups milk *I added more to make the batter a little thinner
1/3 cup peanut butter
3 Tablespoons melted butter
1 egg
Combine the dry ingredients and set aside. Beat the egg and then add the milk and peanut butter until well moistened. Butter a pan or griddle , heated to medium high. Spoon by quarter cupfuls onto your griddle. Enjoy!

1 Erin August 8, 2008 at 1:42 pm

oooh, these look different and fun. I will definitely give them a try!

2 Brittany August 8, 2008 at 9:19 pm

Well I definitely love peanut butter! can’t wait to try these!

3 Mindy August 9, 2008 at 1:23 am

Mmm… I’ll definitely have to try those. Griff and I are HUGE peanut butter fans.

4 Angie August 10, 2008 at 12:19 pm

This recipe looks yummy!! I found you through Melanie (mykitchencafe.blogspot.com)

Just want to tell you – my hubby and I made your Grandma’s French Bread recipe tonight. YUMMY!! Can’t begin to tell you how great it turned out.

We did make an ever-so-slight adjustment. Placed a cast iron pan in the oven and wait until it’s hot. When nice and HOT, pour water in the pan (to make steam) – bread turns out super delicate!

Thank you … I’ll be back to visit again! :)

5 Mommy's Kitchen August 11, 2008 at 2:44 am

These sound so different and so yummy. I found your blog through Deannas Corner. Great recipes.

6 Maria August 12, 2008 at 3:42 pm

My husband is allergic to PB so I will have to eat these all by myself. Sounds good to me:)

7 Emily August 19, 2008 at 1:49 am

I love different types of pancakes (my recipe blog has a sour cream version!) so thanks for posting a comment to culinary collie sue so I could find your sisters’ cute collection!

8 Mindy August 21, 2008 at 4:41 pm

Good tip on adding more milk. I liked the consistency better with a little thinner batter. I am thinking these would be wonderful with Nutella next time. Peanut butter just deserves chocolate. :)

9 Jill November 8, 2008 at 3:04 pm

Wasn’t to impressed. I didn’t think the peanut butter flavor could be tasted very well for the amount of fat they add to the pancakes. I tried it with syrup and strawberry jam–the jam allows more peanut butter flavor to shine. I look forward to trying more of your recipes.