Strawberry, Pinenuts and Feta Salad with a zesty Lemon Dressing

by Melanie on May 14, 2008

This salad is incredible! I got the recipe from my Mom last Spring and have made it a lot since! It has become a favorite! It is super easy for me to throw together, and it really compliments simple dinners of grilled chicken, fish or roast/steak. I almost always have spinach and strawberries in my fridge this time of year, and I keep pine nuts and feta in my freezer. The dressing is very refreshing and zangy with the lemon. I just love this salad–and every time I serve it I get requests for the recipe. Give it a try –you won’t be disappointed!!
PS If you are not a feta cheese fan–try substituting diced avocado.

Lemon Spinach Salad
submitted by Melanie ~  The Sisters Cafe
3T fresh lemon juice
3T sugar
1/2 tbsp Dijon mustard
1/2 tbsp grated lemon rind
1/4 cup canola or light olive oil

3 cups fresh spinach
1 cup fresh strawberries ,sliced
1/2 cup toasted pine nuts
Feta cheese to tasteIn blender combine lemon juice, sugar, mustard, grated lemon rind and oil. Pulse until mixture is combined, thickened and sugar is dissolved.

In a large bowl, toss together spinach, strawberries, nuts and feta. Toss with enough dressing to coat.

1 giz May 15, 2008 at 5:15 am

Ok, you convinced me – I’m going to give it a whirl – I’m always on the lookout for a new and interesting salad and this one does look wonderful

2 Brittany May 16, 2008 at 3:58 pm

I can’t wait to try this! For some reason i never made those recipes that Mom gave us – looks like I was really missing out!

3 Erin May 16, 2008 at 11:38 pm

I happened to have all these ingredients on hand, so I made it with dinner tonight. WOW. IT WAS INCREDIBLE! That is the best dressing. It all went together perfectly. YUM!

4 Marnie May 19, 2008 at 1:26 am

I made this salad tonight and it was a big hit! Thanks for the recipe. It is one of our new favorites.

5 Melanie C. May 20, 2008 at 4:09 am

Hey Marnie!! I am so glad you are liking the recipes! It is fun to hear from you! Take care

6 Brittany May 21, 2008 at 3:30 am

I made this for dinner…it was delicious! I loved the dressing and pinenuts- yum!

7 Kristi May 27, 2008 at 5:28 pm

I made this salad for my Memorial Day b-bcue. It was a hit. Thanks for all the yummy recipes! I love this blog!

Kristi in Idaho (Danette’s sister-in-law!)

8 Vicki June 24, 2008 at 6:25 pm

I made this salad for a group of women and everyone loved it. Easy but delicious. I’ll be using more of your recipes in the future.

Vicki

9 Anonymous September 5, 2010 at 6:33 am

Really wonderful salad, I've made it often since finding your blog when I googled "feta strawberry salad" after enjoying a similar salad at a potluck a couple of years ago (yours is much better than that one was!) The dressing takes it over the top.

-Heather Taylor, Valencia CA

10 Joye Shiozawa September 10, 2011 at 9:28 am

My friend served this to me and I couldn’t get enough. Last night I made it for my husband who is more of a meat and potatoes man. I served it with a rotisserie chicken (pulled of the meat and layered it on top) and had to substitute almonds for pine nuts. He had two servings! It is the best! Thank you!