Garlic Caesar Salad Dressing

by Brittany on April 22, 2008

This caesar salad dressing is oh-so-good!! It is a mayo-free variation of the classic caesar dressing. My mother-in-law introduced it to me and now it’s my husband’s favorite salad (he has a strange aversion to mayo so this one is great!) Make sure to use lots and lots of parmesan cheese and some really good croutons. I like Costco’s Foccacia croutons the best. I usually like to double it and keep it in the frig for later. (Of course it becomes solid due to the oil so make sure you take it out a bit before dinner to liquify again.) Forgive the lack of a picture…the one I took did not do this recipe justice!

Garlic Caesar Dressing
submitted by Brittany

1/2 c olive oil
2 Tb lemon juice (fresh is best)
1/2 tsp ground mustard
1/2 tsp Worchestershire sauce
1 clove garlic, minced
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 tsp freshly ground pepper

Use food processor and pulse to combine well. Toss desired amount with romaine lettuce, lots of grated parmesan cheese, and croutons. This recipe makes enough for one very large salad.

1 Melanie April 22, 2008 at 2:13 pm

Yum, this looks tasty! I love the simplicity of it and will try it for sure.

2 nicole April 22, 2008 at 7:27 pm

Having a good dressing is always good. I also love that it sounds easy to make too.

3 Jenny April 23, 2008 at 7:21 am

Hi guys,
I just sent you a blog award on my latest post. You ladies have a great blog!
Picky Palate

4 Erin April 24, 2008 at 7:11 am

I can attest that this is the best caesar dressing ever!

5 Melanie C. April 24, 2008 at 9:06 am

Yes–This is the best!! I have to say that Brittany makes hers with pre chopped garlic and when I made it with fresh it was not as good as hers. It was much stronger–the garlic was over powering. I actually bought a little jar of pre-chopped garlic just for this. I think it is a lot better that way.

6 Mindy May 8, 2008 at 9:18 pm

This salad dressing really is delicious. I love when Brittany makes this.

7 Anonymous April 29, 2009 at 4:39 pm

I made this tonight and it was awful. I followed the recipe exactly. It was missing something.

8 Melanie Anne April 29, 2009 at 7:01 pm

Dear Anonymous,
Sorry it didn’t turn out for you! The first time I made this recipe–I didn’t think it tasted half as good as when my sister (Brittany) made it for me. I thought I followed it perfectly too, so I called her. She said her Mother in Law who she got the recipe from always uses the prechopped garlic from a jar and bottled lemon juice. I was using fresh. When I made it with the bottles stuff it was much better. Hope that helps!

9 cassie February 17, 2012 at 5:24 pm

Do you use extra virigin olive oil or just olive oil for this?